Brainstorming, bubble mapping

I went offline and engaged in some bubble mapping for my goals.

My broad themes were:

  1. Financial
  2. Professional
  3. Personal well being/health
I got there by starting with key words and then connecting the bubbles. When I looked at the map, those stuck out.

Next I identified smaller and smaller steps that could lead to those bigger bubbles.

Then I took those steps and set some goals to work on them.



For example, part of getting to my professional goals involves an updated resume. I've given myself 1 week to accomplish that and then an additional goal of looking for an applying to 1-2 jobs per week that interest me.

For Health & well being, I identified diet and running as my core things to work on. As if life was also hearing me, there was notification about a Women's Running Club through our Distance Running Association so I'm signing up for it to give myself that next level push! I've also recommitted myself to reinvigorating my diet. Starting tomorrow I will track ALL of my food for 2weeks. I will then assess and tweak my diet accordingly.

I have financial goals, but the more I look at them, the more I realize that the financial bubble is secondary to getting the professional bubble under control. That and I don't want to get goal fatigue where I'm trying to work on too much at one time.

I have deadlines and a few other goals for the next month. I will keep updating as I begin working on them.

Comments

Popular Posts